Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Day at the Ranch

"Whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away." 2 Corinthians 3:16

Sunday - November 6th

We spent Saturday and Sunday out at the ranch.  One of our favorite places to be.  We have game cameras set up throughout the ranch and we love checking to see what wildlife is visiting the feeders.  I try to always have my camera on me.  I shot a few good pictures Sunday at the ranch that I wanted to share.  It was a overcast day, but I was able to catch our little peanut in a few good shots.   We took our daily stroll down the road with the kids.  One of Avery's favorite things to do when we are out there, mainly because she can be set free.  No stroller, no one to carry her, nothing, she is free to walk or run down the road with Bill and I by her side.  She is fast and laughs as she runs down the road and back.  I couldn't resist, I dressed her in a pair of Old Navy overalls and a pink thermal cowgirl shirt.   We let her sit on one of the old tractors and she had a blast looking all around, grabbing the steering wheel and making brrrrrrrm noises to imitate the sound of a tractor.     

Here we go.....
Checking to see where Allison and Alex were.

Avery sitting on my PaPa's old tractor.
  I remember riding on this tractor when I was little.
Getting ready for hunting season.  Alex loves his Red Rider BB Gun.
You can barely see it, off to the left of the picture is a blue Pepsi can above the log, he is shooting at.




Playing Ball Toss

Allison had been playing ball toss with Dad when we showed up from checking game cameras.  Avery was so funny, everytime Allison gave her the ball she took the racket and tossed the ball over her head. I tried to shoot a few action shots of her running around playing ball toss. It's really neat when a little one learns something new and to see their excitement in that new discovery.

Allison, Dad and Avery

Avery and Allison


Avery and Dale.
Game Camera Pictures
Ever since we moved to San Antonio, we have been going to the ranch at the least once a month. During the end of the summer we didn't go because we were moving and between the heat and water situations, we stayed in San Antonio.  Well, we've been going every other weekend lately and now that it's hunting season and the feeders are running, we are out there a lot.  One thing Bill and I absolutely love to do is check to see what the game cameras have taken pictures of.  Right now there are four camera's scattered throughout the ranch and here are a few pictures two of the cameras shot. 
Pretty little buck.
I love this picture. It made me laugh.  I named this coon "Mary Lou".
I love this one too.  Don't wait for the corn to drop, just eat it right out of the feeder.

Nasty hog.

No comments:

Post a Comment