Thursday, November 17, 2011

The week of November 14th-18th


"Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path."  Psalm 119:105

Monday, November 14th....The unpacking will never end!

I'm going to give a quick update on the unpacking and sorting.  It's getting there.  I am making huge progress and I can't wait to be done.  The hardest part is figuring out what to get rid of and what to keep.  Then figuring out if we have room to keep the stuff I think we need to keep.  This is our fourth house and I refuse to shove a bunch of stuff in the attic and not know what it is or why we are keeping it.   I have tried to keep everything in one room, unpack a box, then take those contents to it's designated spot. It's challenge trying to put rooms together and live in a house all at the same time.  I am working fast and hard at this room, I get overwhelmed and burned out after a day of dealing with it, so I take a break for a couple of days, then hit it hard days later.  It will be real nice to get the dirty stained carpet out of this room, paint and put down the new wood laminate floors.  Hopefully after this weekend or after the Thanksgiving weekend, it will completely cleaned out. 
This is the same room that I took a picture of in an earlier post.  The tower of boxes are down!

Allison showing Avery books she unpacked. 
Tuesday November 15th

Two is on the way.....Avery is 20 months old.

It is always so amazing to watch the changes children go through as they age. Avery is now officially out of the teen months and into the twenties.  Two is only four months away and I have no idea how we got here.  It's been a wonderful, amazing and joyful ride with her.  I wouldn't trade a day without her. She is talking non-stop and asks questions like "Where are we going?" "What's that?" and the kids favorite, "Why?.  She says, "Let's go" and tells us "Ready to go bye bye," then shakes her head yes.   Everyday is a new word, this week it's been Mommy, not Momma, boat, and calls the cats Meow instead of Kitty.  We love hearing her voice, it is the sweetest sound and when she's asleep, we truly miss hearing her.  Here are a few pictures of her at 20 months.  It is very very hard to photograph her because she runs non-stop and when I point the camera at her she turns her head  (partially because the flash on my other camera was blinding).  On Monday, she feel on the tile and busted her lip because she was running.  Wednesday we went to the doctor because of a cold that won't go away and had to be put on breathing treatments (which are not fun with an active toddler) and Thursday, she scratched her face with what, I don't know.  It's been a long week and I think I've done pretty good getting a few pictures of her....:-)

First two pictures are from Tuesday Night on the day she actually turned 20 months.



Next pictures are from Thursday
The first 5 I shot "5 ways".....the following two pictures were cute of her standing.                                        








I was sneaking around a tree to get this shot.  She ran away from me every time I pointed the camera at her. 




Thursday November 17th


Thousand Oaks Elementary Thanksgiving Feast

Every year during the elementary years, schools usually have a Thanksgiving Feast for the parents, grandparents and students.  Bill, Avery and I had the opportunity to eat lunch with Alex.  We ate, turkey with gravy, cornbread dressing, green beans, mashed potatoes and pumpkin something (it was overdone and I couldn't tell if it was a pumpkin bread pudding or pie, and I love anything pumpkin, so this annoyed me...:-)....).


Friday November 18th.... 

On November 18, 1999, Bonfire fell and killed 12 students working on it.  It is always a sad day for us. Allison was almost two months old on this day.   Every year Bill and I pay tribute to those who lost their lives.  Here is a picture of  Bill and I while they were building Bonfire in 1995.
We were Seniors in 1995. 



Most Creative pictures of the week

My shot of Olivia playing under Allison's bed.

Bill's shot of his Aggie Ring

1 comment:

  1. You have great subjects to photograph!
    Have to say, I'd prefer to take pictures than unpack any day of the week;)

    ReplyDelete