"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
January 22nd - Sunday
I had a wonderful birthday weekend. We didn't do anything "special", but what we did do was special. On Saturday, Bill said he had to "go get my gift" with the kids, but we also had other errands to run, so I sat in the car while they bought me a birthday gift. I loved every minute of sitting in the car with Avery, while they shopped. It's on of those memories that makes me smile, sitting in the car while your birthday present is being bought. I really felt like I had already gotten my gift before Christmas, (my camera), which has been so much fun, but Bill didn't see it that way and wanted to get me something from the kids and him. On our way home Saturday, we stopped by HEB, where Allison and Bill decided to get a birthday cake and flowers along with a few groceries, so I didn't have to cook.
Sunday, my birthday, we got up and got ready for church, I don't ever remember being in church on my birthday, so it was pretty neat to get dressed for church and dressed for my birthday. Bill and the kids asked me to open my birthday present before church, actually they were very insistent on it. The kids laughed and giggled as I opened it, you could tell, they were very proud and excited to give me a new Bible. They bought me a new Bible and carrying case. They had my name embossed on the front of it, which I did not have one with my married name on it, so it made the Bible very special. The case and Bible are both beautiful. I always tell them, you can buy a thing any day, but giving gift from the heart is something you do for someone's birthday, it has more meaning and feeling for everyone. Not just the person who gets the gift but the person who gives it. I felt like they all gave me a piece of their heart with this gift, it was very sweet. (My last Bible came from Walmart and was pretty beat up.) As we were sitting in church, our pastor announced his birthday was the day before, now I understand why we like the pastor at our new church so much, we almost share a birthday. After church, we went to Capparelli's for lunch, then headed home home and spent the rest of the day enjoying being at home. I had a wonderful 39th birthday, mainly because I got to spend it with my family.
Here's some history for everyone who doesn't know this. Lyndon B Johnson died January 22, 1973, the day I was born.....
Opening my gift.....
Lunch at Capparelli's
Kids Boat Race
Birthday Cake......

Sunday, my birthday, we got up and got ready for church, I don't ever remember being in church on my birthday, so it was pretty neat to get dressed for church and dressed for my birthday. Bill and the kids asked me to open my birthday present before church, actually they were very insistent on it. The kids laughed and giggled as I opened it, you could tell, they were very proud and excited to give me a new Bible. They bought me a new Bible and carrying case. They had my name embossed on the front of it, which I did not have one with my married name on it, so it made the Bible very special. The case and Bible are both beautiful. I always tell them, you can buy a thing any day, but giving gift from the heart is something you do for someone's birthday, it has more meaning and feeling for everyone. Not just the person who gets the gift but the person who gives it. I felt like they all gave me a piece of their heart with this gift, it was very sweet. (My last Bible came from Walmart and was pretty beat up.) As we were sitting in church, our pastor announced his birthday was the day before, now I understand why we like the pastor at our new church so much, we almost share a birthday. After church, we went to Capparelli's for lunch, then headed home home and spent the rest of the day enjoying being at home. I had a wonderful 39th birthday, mainly because I got to spend it with my family.
Here's some history for everyone who doesn't know this. Lyndon B Johnson died January 22, 1973, the day I was born.....
Opening my gift.....
Lunch at Capparelli's
| Family picture |
| My lunch. It was so good. |
Kids Boat Race
Birthday Cake......








Looks like a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDelete